All arriving aircraft must contact Wonderboom tower on Frequency 118.35 at the designated airspace entry points listed below:
- Aircraft arriving from the North to join and report 2nm North of the Rooiwal Power Station via Pretoria GF1 (FAD 127) frequency 124.4 (Helicopters at 4600ft or below)
- Aircraft Arriving from the North West to join at 6500 ft 7nm North East of the Roodeplaat Dam, via Pretoria GF2 (FAD 128) frequency 124.4. (Helicopters at 4600ft or below)
- Aircraft arriving from the East to call for joining at Cullinan Dam at 6500 ft, via the special rules area east frequency 125.4
- Aircraft joining from the Southeast at 6500 ft south east of Mamelodi, via the special rules area east frequency 125.4.
- Aircraft from the South and South West to join via Rosslyn industrial area, through the Special Rules area West frequency 125.8 at 6500 ft.
- Microlight, Gyro-copters and helicopters must route via the same joining points, except that they should call at altitude 5500 ft or below.
- Wonderboom tower will route all aircraft as required for the active runway.
- Microlights, gyro-copters and helicopters can expect to be routed for runway 06, crosswind conditions permitting, all other aircraft can expect to be routed for runway 11/29 again surface wind condition permitting.
- On Sunday morning all pilots unfamiliar with the airspace are encouraged to phone the tower prior to departure for Wonderboom to obtain the active runway and any other additional info they might require. Phone number 012 543 1402. Pilots to also advise ATC on freq if not familiar with reporting points.
- After landing all aircraft (excluding helicopters) will be handed over to Wonderboom Ground on frequency 120.6 and given taxi instructions to the apron areas, after which the aircraft will be handed over to an Apron Frequency 123.75.
- Please advise on this frequency (123.75) should you require parking for sleep over. Same day departures are not a problem.
- A parking bay area will be allocated to you on this frequency (123.75), and you will be advised where to taxi to and a marshaller will guide you to the bay.
- Please indicate on this frequency (123.75) on initial contact whether you will require fuel or not. If fuel is required please remain with your aircraft, the fuel bowser will be dispatched to your location to refuel. If the bowser arrives and the pilot is not present no refuelling will take place. Due to space and logistical considerations please stick to assigned spaces.
Helicopters will be given their parking space by Wonderboom tower on frequency 118.35, the helipads north of Helifix will be used for rotary wing aircraft. (indicated on the airport chart in RED below).
Microlight and gyrocopters will be parked on a grass area located at the Wonderboom fuel pumps (indicated in Blue on the airport chart below).